Did you Know?
Accolades 2001 to present
Established in 2001
FrancesRay Jules, named after the owners Mother (Frances), Father (Ray) and Godchild (Jules) opened their doors on December 5, 2001. With only 4 styling stations and a nail tech tucked away in the loft, the salon offered a Newbury Street quality service with a laid-back mom & pop environment. After opening the original Canal Street salon in 2001 and noticing its success, Ben decided to broaden his horizons and expand his Boston location in 2006, jumping over a few streets to Portland Street, going from 4 styling stations to 6, with the addition of a color bar, larger nail area, full skin care and waxing, massage and body treatments, as well as backing the launch of our Jules Pro Makeup line.
FrancesRay Jules prides itself on giving back to the community. Donating dozens of gift certificates each year to local charities is only the tip of the iceberg. FrancesRay Jules has supported the following charities over the years by hosting fundraising events, providing hair and makeup for promotional literature or by donating services to those in need.
- New England Melanoma Foundation
- American Heart Associations “Go Red” Campaign
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Dress for Success
- Ellie Fund
- Home for Little Wanderers
- American Diabetes Foundation
- Gillette Foundation for Women’s Health
- Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
- Hope Cuts
- American Lung Association
- Blessed Sacrament Wintergaurd
- ALS Foundation For Life
As owner and salon director, Ben Mitrano takes pride in providing in-salon and outside education for his staff, having all stylists train with him before stylists have the opportunity to participate in innovative classes and outside training. He constantly educates to keep up with current trends and techniques, providing an ideal example for his salon staff. Past shows and events attended include:
- International Beauty Show New York
- Wella Trend Vision
- Chicago Midwest Beauty Show
- Bio Ionic Retex Certified
- Makeup Application Certified
- Airbrush Makeup Certified
FrancesRay Jules staff attends a lot of local events promoting their talent across the city. Past events have included:
- Our staff offered complimentary services to the women of Boston at the Pretty City Party, giving them a taste of our salons style.
- Ben and Danielle teamed up to beautify the lead singer of Era for a Moment, the winning local band to open for Bon Jovi at the TD Banknorth Garden
- FrancesRay Jules Salon Hair & Makeup was featured in Shut Up! Magazine
- Our makeup artists attended the NBA Finals providing makeup services for national anthem performers and NBA TV personalities
- Sarah Cambell Fashion Show with the Boston Bruins Wives
- Our talented team transformed a 21st century urban cast into 1936 Irish country women for the Way Theatres Artists presentation of “Dancing at Lughnasa”
- In 2010 FrancesRay Jules hosted the Art, Culture and Awareness charity event for the Melanoma Foundation New England, featuring and art exhibit by local artist John Joseph Hanright, a silent auction, food wine and lots of fun. The event was able to raise over $5000 for MFNE
- FrancesRay Jules staff sets up shop in Jamaica Plain to provide complimentary haircuts for children and teenagers at the Home for Little Wanderers
- Owners Ben & Rich plus staff attend the monthly Professional Women’s Group meeting for Dress for Success. Members learned tricks of the trade on how to wear their hair and makeup in a work setting.
- Our stylists match hair with makeup for the launch of LaPari Cosmetics
Achievements and Awards
We want to thank every one of our clients that have supported our business over the years. With out you there wouldn’t be a FrancesRay Jules. Over the years we have won our fair share of local “best of” awards and with out the clients it wouldn’t be possible. Below are just a few of our achievements.
- “Best of Boston” Citysearch for Best Manicure/Pedicure
- “Best of Citysearch” Citysearch for Best Hair Salon
- “Look hot, Feel Good” Citysearch for Best Color & Highlight
- “People Love Us” Yelp for average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5
- FrancesRay Jules opened a 2nd location in April 2005 at the Worlds Gym in Somerville.
Friends We’ve Made Along the way
We have made many connections over the years. Some have come and gone others have become our outlets to you the clients. Find us in connection with:
- Boston Event Guide
- Massachusetts / Rhode Island Wedding Guide
- Wedding Day Online
- Marriott Hotel
- Onyx Hotel
- Nine Zero Hotel
- Bullfinch Hotel
- All our local Bullfinch Triangle & West End Neighbors